Tuesday, April 01, 2008

We had hard rain here all morning, so my threesome skipped the gym duty. Pam and Jean had lots of new flowers to pot, and I had a late lunch with George at Primo's to celebrate his 68th (?) birthday. He surprised me with this question: Do you know where your daddy was at 7:00 PM 42 years ago tomorrow?
.
Even more surprisingly I came up with the answer: At Ms. Sarchie's house performing the marriage ceremony of you and Carole.
.
Congratulations to the two lovebirds! Glad to know of another of my dad's knots that stayed tied. I always feel smarter after I spend time with George. He graced me with a couple of reading lists that will keep me busy until my dying day - "One hundred most popular fiction" and "one hundred most popular non-fiction." If I really were smart, I would get off this computer, give my mouse elbow the rest it desperately needs and start on that list. I do plan to read at least one of them before next month when we lunch together again.
.
Rick sent super cute photos of my Tampa Bordens. Cooper is playing CEO of Verizon for a day, part of a Junior Achievement project for fifth graders. He got tired of signing papers, he said. His other grandmother made this picture. Thanks, Jeanette!
Karate is serious business with Clay, even Rick looks unusually serious in this picture.
My beautiful daughter-in-law Mary Ann is surrounded here with their three Shelties - Tucker, Maggie, and Drako. That looks like a shirt I gave her that said, "Girls rule! Deal with it!" or something like that, a good reminder when you're the only girl in a house teeming with testosterone.

I sent this story to Rick earlier about the Episcopal Church being named the official denomination of major league baseball. I should post his response in the comments:
.
"Just what baseball needs - peanuts, popcorn and proselytizing." I'm predicting Red Sox vs. Cubs in World Series, Red Sox to win it again.
.
Hope everybody enjoyed April Fool's Day!

No comments: