Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Jesus did show up at the gym yesterday, but in the form of Sally, who told me about all the storm recovery work she and the other members of Christ United Methodist Church have been doing. Talk about getting me out of my self-imposed pity party! We were spared so much loss, inconvenience and heartbreak by the April 4th tornadoes, I felt really selfish for complaining about anything. If I could just remember to emphasize all the blessings in my life, rather than the problems, I'd be a much happier person.
.
We got sad news from Plantersville earlier this week. One of my favorite people died early Monday morning. Aleene Sample was a pillar of the community and the Baptist church. However did they learn to manage without her? When her health began its decline, she moved to North Carolina where her oldest son lives. She was in Florida, where her daughter lives, when she died. Funeral arrangements were incomplete, last I heard. I'd really like to go to the funeral; maybe I can get Betsy or George to go with me.
.
I may not be going anywhere until I find out what's wrong with Gus. He's feeling puny today, he's not even barking at the yard guys. He got loose yesterday while the garbage was out awaiting pick-up. Please, Lord, don't let it be more styrofoam.
.
The Water Lilies are eating at Scrooge's today, another first for me. Guess I better go get ready. Does anybody out there realize how difficult it is to dress for lunch knowing there will be an hour spent exercising in a warm pool between doing hair and make-up, and actually going to the restaurant? It has given me a new appreciation for water-proof mascara.
.
I have such a difficult life.

No comments: