Saturday, January 19, 2008

Being nice to Mike all day long on his birthday took all my time and energy, so there was no blog yesterday - another part of my being nice to The Man. Yes, he is aware that I diss him terribly. He never reads it, but I've told him and he's glad he provides "material" for me.
.
How did I wind up with such an insensitive SOB? The worst part of it is he brings out the insensitive side of me, and I don't like that side of me. Is it too late to make a New Year's Resolution to not be so insensitive? (Or should that be "to be more sensitive"?) Without the help of Zoloft, I'm feeling more fragile than I've felt in a long time, not sure how much more sensitive I can be. And he is trying to be more in-tune to what's happening with his wife.
.
We went to Ryan's for lunch yesterday, then went to Madison to check on our rent house. The renters are gone, just what I suspected since they had not sent any rent. What's that old saying - better an empty house than a bad tenant?
.
And now I've got to get it cleaned up, advertise it, show it, take applications, check references, find a new renter! Ugh! I hate doing this. I went by the realtor's office and picked up our former property manager's files and keys. It was not a happy moment for me. I would gladly pay 10% (maybe more) for a good property manager. And it's not a good time to even think about selling it.
.
Thanks to all of you who say I have too much time on my hands and need to get a job!

No comments: