Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Yeah! We have gas logs in the fireplace that work, and the gas heater upstairs works again. Seeing the fire in the fireplace made me ridiculously happy. Does anything make a living room cozier than a fire in the fireplace? I think not. Now I'm ready for Christmas. Pam found a man who cleans and repairs these things and made appointments for both of us this morning. I've been smiling ever since he got them to working.

One of the things I enjoyed the most about Sunday was the caroling we did after the church service. Most of the people we sang for invited us inside to sing since it was so cold outside. They knew we were coming so there were refreshments at each stop. My favorite was the Wassail, and the recipe is so simple I have to share it with you.

64 oz. Apple Juice
32 oz. Cranberry Juice
1/2 c. Sugar
6 Cinnamon Sticks
1/2 tsp. Ground Cloves

Simmer in large pot for at least an hour. Apple and orange slices may be floated on top for decoration. Rum can be added per cup for each drinker.

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! And smell like Christmas!

No comments: