Wednesday, December 12, 2007

I'm closer to being finished than I was yesterday, but still have lots to do. I strained my back, so I'm moving a little slower than I was, and my legs are so sore. I didn't think I was doing that much strenuous work, but somehow I did enough to earn several reminders of my age. I took a hot tub bath last night just to soak and actually fell asleep in the tub.
.

I acquired a new chair for the patio that I just love. It's a lime green butterfly chair that my neighbor found in someone's garbage. It's in a perfectly new condition and is so comfortable. I offered to buy it, but he gave it to me instead. Thanks, Art! That's the second patio chair I have that was obtained from curbside shopping (or dumpster diving, as some folks call it). I got a director's chair that way just a few months ago, and it had not one thing wrong with it. Anyone else out there been known to stop and claim something from a neighbor's garbage besides me and Ricky? (Sorry, Mary Ann, he gets it honestly.) Bonus question: Who remembers when I had a car this color?
.
Benji called to tell me I didn't have to come to Memphis on Thursday. Pip's other grandparents will be there, so he will be well cared for while Karen and Benji go to court to try to get the child custody issues settled with her ex-husband. Keep them in your prayers.
.
Deanne called to say she saw Jack's old organ in a furniture consignment store in Ridgeland. She wants me to go look at it to make sure it's hers. It doesn't play, so it's probably Jack's. Deanne was going to offer them $20 for it so she could have it just for sentimental reasons. It was still playing on a couple of the settings when I last saw it at the nursing home. One of the employees there asked if she could have it for her church which had lost theirs in a fire. Since Mother had quit playing it, I was glad to see it find a new home. That was about a year ago. It probably died around the time Mother did.

No comments: