Monday, October 22, 2007

Finally, we're getting some seasonably cool weather. Tomorrow's high is supposed to be 57*, cool enough to wear something other than shorts and flip-flops like I have on today. Skip was planning to drive up for a visit tomorrow, but may have to reschedule if the heavy rains in his area flood the Tchefuncta River. All of St. Tammany Parish is under a flood warning.
.
If you have to postpone until next week, Cuz, shoot for Thursday Nov. 1, so you can go to the All Saints Evensong and hear our choir sing. My flight to Tampa leaves the next morning at 9:40 which would not give us any a.m. visiting time, and it's your birthday. Bummer. Let's stick to the original plan if at all possible, ok? And if you need to evacuate, you know where to come, don't you?
.
Not much else going on around here. I desperately need a nap, didn't sleep much at all last night, thanks to the dogs in my regular bed, whose snuggling made me way too warm, and the cats in the guest room, which I moved to around 1:00, who wanted to play and be petted. Making myself get dressed and go to the gym this morning was a major moral victory. It really helps to have other people depending on me. It was my day to drive.
.
George has new pictures from the P'ville Methodist Church Homecoming last week over on his blog. Several Baptist kids, me included, mixed in with the Methodist kids of the 50's. Musta been Vacation Bible School. They came to ours, we went to theirs, very ecumenical arrangement, don't you think?

No comments: