Wednesday, June 27, 2007

I love for them to come, but I don't mind it when they leave. I love my kids and grandkids, I enjoy having them here to visit, but when they pull out of the driveway headed home, there is an inescapable feeling of relief. I have a new appreciation for my own parents everytime my house is filled to capacity. When their eldest daughter moved in with two preschool-aged boys and didn't leave for 5 years, there must have been times when they very much wished for an empty nest. I guess I could get used to it if I had to, but I'm extremely glad I don't have to. Thanks again, Mom and Dad, for all you did to help me and mine.

Benji and Karen got all 3 of my screen doors hung and a light fixture repaired, and this was after a shopping trip they made to Lowe's with their 3 kids in tow to get all the supplies. I admire their youthful endurance. When they tell me they're going to remodel the downstairs bathroom in their Memphis house, I have no doubt they can do it and will do it well. Each of them is handy with the tools. Thanks, Guys, for your help. Maybe I can help out with your Memphis project.

Pip was not happy to see me or to be back at Gramma's house. So sure he was that they intended to leave him again that he never let them out of his sight, and did not allow me to get close. I'm sorry he associates being at my house with missing his parents, but surely he will get over it before long.

I'm due at the pool early today, so I'll sign off for now.

No comments: