Monday, October 23, 2006

Sun is going from Libra into Scorpio, Moon is in Scorpio. You don't have to do the whole job by yourself, and you don't have to suffer. Those are options you can avoid by getting your friends involved.

Maybe this is my signal to reach out, rather than isolate. Isolation seems to exacerbate the depression, rather than relieve it. I've learned that from experience. The miserable martyr is just not me, so why am I going in that direction? "Little Miss Sunbeam" wants to shine. That's what I call my inner child, the one I care for when nothing else seems to matter.

Daddy called me that, said I was the inspiration for the picture on the Sunbeam Bread truck. When he took me with him to visit elderly people, I was always asked to sing the Sunbeam song, and I gladly obliged. I loved seeing the sad faces of the old people turn to joyful smiles. He said making people smile is a special gift that I have, a way to bring sunshine to the dark corners of the world. It became my raison d’ĂȘtre.

Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam, to shine for him each day
In every way try to please him, at home, at school, at play.
A sunbeam, a sunbeam, Jesus wants me for a sunbeam
A sunbeam, a sunbeam, I'll be a sunbeam for Him.

George posted a picture of Daddy from 1966 on his site. At 58, he still had a youthful look, slim and trim, virile and fit. Skip was blessed with skinny genes from the Wilkins side of the family, too. Just seeing Daddy's picture,
smiling and sweet, made me smile and lifted my spirits. Thanks, George.

He's babysitting his granddaughter this week and I'm green with envy. I'll be so glad when my children and grandchildren move closer. Maybe by this time next year, it won't be so difficult to see them whenever I want. Benji and Karen will be back in Memphis, and Ricky and Mary Ann will be building a house in Brandon. I can hardly wait.

Blogging has helped shift the funky mood I was in to the sunny side of the street. It happens more often than not. This has become a sacred space for me, an altar of sorts, where I can pour out my heart and be comforted by the love of friends and family. And I made more than one reader smile. God is meeting deep needs for me here and I feel blessed. May all who enter here be blessed, as well.

No comments: