Thursday, October 05, 2006

Mother has an appointment today with Weegie for a modified Barium swallowing test. It will require her cooperation, so she may balk. She looked frail when I saw her yesterday. She knew who I was but couldn't (or wouldn't) tell me the name of my sister, my brother, my daddy.

I talked to all my Tampa folks last night. Clay had been to karate and Cooper was at baseball practice. Both sounded even more mature than they did the last time I talked to them. They grow up so fast. I felt more than a twinge of jealousy about Mamaw Jeanette being there for the week. I wish I could be there, too.

Lunch with George was at El Chico's yesterday. He always has such interesting stories to tell. I took one of my photo albums and loaned him a picture of the Plantersville Sunshine Club which included both our grandmothers. He's posted it on his website. He had dinner with Butch Sunday night, first time they'd seen each other in over 30 years. They were inseparable friends through about 9th grade, then were at Ole Miss together. Butch's mother Aleene is getting frail and forgetful, too, but still lives alone, thanks to help who comes every day to cook and clean.
http://plantersvilleconnection.blogspot.com is the link.

He recognized the pictures I had of LaRue and her daughter Laurie, said he got acquainted with Laurie when she worked in a Tupelo bookstore. I get so homesick whenever I spend time with him. The cemetery memorial service is this Sunday and once again there are no flowers on my grandparents' or my father's graves. Is the service still held in the shade of the tree? I should have asked. I know those people think we are awful because we are so negligent about things like that. I really need to designate someone to do this for me, and I also need to send regular contributions to Hilton for cemetery upkeep. Their graves are so far from the main walkway, maybe most people will not notice them. The headstones are small and nondescript.

1 comment:

Zoilus said...

I think you ought to add my homepage to your list of links on the right hand side. And Rick's, too, for that matter.

Did George ever get ahold of all those pictures from Cecil's Park? Or does he know who has them?