Wednesday, July 12, 2006

My internet connection has failed this morning, so I'm on Mike's laptop. I've saved today's blog in my word processor, so I'll post it later. I'm off to the nail salon.

After a frustrating search through old books and the internet for a favorite little poem of my father's, I finally found it, thanks to Google. I didn't know the title or the poet's name. It is Outwitted by Edwin Markham:

He drew a circle that shut me out -
Heretic, rebel, a thing to flout.
But Love and I had the wit to win:
We drew a circle that took him in.

I saw him in the pulpit and heard him say the last line in just a fleeting fragment of a dream I had this morning, but I thought he said "He drew a circle that took me in." Nonetheless, Google found it for me.

430 pm - I'm back to using dial-up, which is working fine, but the DSL quit. Bellsouth tech support told me it may be in the DSL modem, since the line tested ok. They're coming tomorrow to check it. Maybe they'll bring me a new one. Coping with hassles like this just wears me out.

No comments: