Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Jimi Hendrix playing his rendition of the Star Spangled Banner was Father Jake's post for July 4th. Is this guy cool, or what? It's Benji and Karen's 2nd anniversary, too. Think I'll send them that video. Mike and I plan to celebrate by eating a BBQ lunch at Corky's. That's been our tradition ever since we were dating. Well, we started out at Red, Hot, and Blue, then our favorite place became Gridley's. After it closed, we started going to Corky's. Since neither of us enjoys outdoor grilling, or patriotic parades, or any of the other flag-waving celebrations, eating BBQ will probably be the most patriotic thing we do today, except pray for peace. And I may buy a watermelon. Here's a prayer I like, found on Susan Russell's sight:

Lord God Almighty, in whose Name the founders of this country won liberty for themselves and for us, and lit the torch of freedom for nations then unborn; Grant that we and all the people of this land may have grace to maintain our liberties in righteousness and peace; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen

The dogs and I encountered a big turtle on our walk this morning. He took one look at the dogs and headed straight back to the lake. Gus was quite bumfuzzled by his disappearing underwater. I've got baths planned for them today, both are past due. I wish I had a tranquilizer for Jay-Jay. The neighborhood fireworks made him really nervous last night, today will be worse.

No comments: